The High-Functioning Paradox: When Success Feels Empty

We’ve seen them – the seemingly flawless individuals who effortlessly climb the corporate ladder, navigate social circles with grace, and curate picture-perfect lives on social media.They’re the high-functioning achievers, the ones we often hold up as paragons of success. But what if, beneath the polished exterior, lies a ...

Mar 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Career Development and ...

Written By:
Corrine Lin, Counsellor

GO

OVERCOMING SHAME TO IMPROVE YOUR MENTAL HEALTH

When Aaron was small, his mother would lock him in the closet to discipline ...

May 11

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I’m contaminated

Most of us have a certain sense of safety and control over our bodies.  After a sexual assault, ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

What is normal Sex?

The number one question people have about sex is “Am I normal?” The second most common question asked is “Is my partner normal?”It is never helpful to frame sex in terms or normal or not normal as if there was so universal standard or universal truth.  The is a wide ...

Jan 13

Categories: Adult psychological development, Coping with Medical Problems, Couple ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Counselling for Infidelity and Cheating in a Marriage

Counselling for Cheating or Infidelity in a Marriage Relationships can and do recover from marrital cheating and they can go on to survive and thrive. However the journey to a great marriage after learning about infidelity is a challenging path. There are several stages that married couples must ...

Aug 25

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:

GO

Fear of the Abyss: Healing the Wounds of Shame

In my years of practice as a psychotherapist, I have come to know that people can actually heal, not just cope better—the best hope current cognitive-behavioral therapy models offer. Depending on the difficulty of their problems and the degree of self-examination they are willing to do, ...

Jun 29

Categories: Control Issues, Self-Criticism, Shame

Written By:

GO
Page(s)1