To Forgive or Not

Placing Blame – When something negative happens, people often look to place blame on themselves or others.  If you can blame yourself, then perhaps you can avoid the same mishap from happening again.  If you blame someone else, it removes some of the heavy feelings of guilt and ...

Nov 28

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Anxiety, Depression, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Is Leverage in your relationship undermining it?

Tammy Fontana, from All in the Family Counselling Centre Pte Ltd discusses how various forms of real or imagined leverage can undermine a relationship. Forms of leverage include emotional guilty, love withdrawal, silent treatment, financial dependency, social dependency, psychological dependency. She discusses this in her talk. Ms Fontana Helps ...

Sep 13

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Codependency / Dependency, Cognitive ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

OVERCOMING SHAME TO IMPROVE YOUR MENTAL HEALTH

When Aaron was small, his mother would lock him in the closet to discipline ...

May 11

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Longing For A Home

Do you long for a home?

May 5

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adult psychological development, ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

I am a shell of what I once was

Suzanne had been at the height of her career when she met her ex-husband, Mark. She felt like she had finally made it. She was loved by many and had financial security. On the other hand, Mark had just retired from a lucrative finance job.When they met, Mark was charming and overly courteous. He ...

Apr 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Emotional Abuse, Grief, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

You Don't Need To Suffer In Silence

Mark came from a prominent yet abusive ...

Mar 7

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Attachment Issues, Post ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I Just Wanted to be Loved

Elizabeth sat on her therapist’s couch, trying to answer questions about her life as a teenager.  She had dabbled in drugs, ran away, used men for her own ends and chronically shoplifted.  Elizabeth was nothing like that now.  She was a successful lawyer who valued her ...

Mar 7

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Giving While You Live To Heal

“Give While You Live” is the title of a post written by John Blase for Daily Bread.It’s a psychotherapeutic slogan for me. It promotes one’s overall mental health and well being.Giving can boost both mental and physical health. Research shows that those who give live longer ...

Feb 24

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Control Issues, Depression

Written By:

GO

Which Type of Lonely are You?

If you were to google types of loneliness, you might be surprised at how many lonely types there are.  One loneliness researcher found eighty different types of loneliness.  Loneliness can range from existential loneliness to physical loneliness.  Any loneliness can lead to feeling ...

Feb 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Come as you are - the beauty of online mental health

Aria had just hit crash.  She ...

Nov 17

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Depression, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Crying is Nature's Detox

The tears began to well up in Jade’s eyes.  “don’t cry, don’t cry,” she told herself.  She was tired, and her broken heart was incredibly raw.  As a child, she was taught that showing negative emotions was a sign of weakness. As a result, she always felt ...

Nov 12

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Find Purpose In The Pain

Find purpose in the pain.I once heard the Pope praying that he dies quickly when it’s his time without the pain. “I’m not very good at pain,” he’d admit.In my psychotherapy work, people hate pain. The pain of their emotional wounds. Their trauma in life.“I feel a ...

May 2

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Chronic Pain

Written By:

GO

Healing from abusive childhood experiences

When Sam was a child, his father would drink and then come home and smash the house.  From his bed, he could hear his mother crying.  His mother would crawl into Sam’s bed at night and cry.  Sam was confused.  He didn’t know how to help his mother, and he felt scared ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I’m contaminated

Most of us have a certain sense of safety and control over our bodies.  After a sexual assault, ...

Jan 8

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Your therapist is there to help not to judge

April was struggling with depression ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO
Page(s)123456