How Does Proper Nutrition in Mental Health Play a Vital Role?

Your brain works 24*7! Even while you sleep, your brain keeps on working. It controls and takes care of your feelings, physical movements, thoughts, senses, heart, and entire body. So, just think about how important it is to take good care of your brain and provide a constant supply of fuel. Here, the fuel is a complete and balanced diet of all ...

Apr 3

Categories: Eating Disorders

GO

Binge Eating to Cope with Overwhelming Feelings

Are you binge eating to cope with your overwhelming feelings? Do find that you can go for periods and be okay only to find yourself overwhelmed?Do certain life task seem difficult and more manageable if you consume a lot of food to get through them?Do you feel shame and embarrassment by this activity? Do you want help but are afraid of being ...

Apr 25

Categories: Anger Management, Anxiety, Couple Counseling, Eating Disorders, Fear, ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Control your Mind to lose Weight

Obesity has risen to epidemic levels globally. Body mass index equal to or greater than 30 is consider as Obese category, obesity accounts for rising rates of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, musculoskeletal disorders, and certain types of cancers.Diet and exercise are often identified as the ...

Oct 9

Categories: Eating Disorders

GO

A new way to look at Depression and hope to get better

From the theoretical orientation of Dr. William Glasser, founder of Choice Theory Reality Therapy (CTRT), depression is seen as a chosen behaviour not an emotion that you are victim to. So CTRT therapist would say you are DEPRESSING or even anxieting or angering instead of being depressed, anxious or angry. All behaviour is purposeful in ...

Aug 25

Categories: Bereavement, Bipolar, Coping with Medical Problems, Couple ...

Written By:

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:

GO

Family Therapy in Addictions Work

I would like to offer my observations and recommendations based on my work in Singapore between 2005 and 2011 in the field of addictions. To summarize:   I just finished reading a superb article by Timothy Sim on family therapy in Singapore1. He captures it all. It brought me back to many ...

Jan 10

Categories: Addictions, Compulsive Spending / Shopping, Drug Addiction, Eating ...

Written By:
Marjorie Nixon LCSW

GO
Page(s)1