The High-Functioning Paradox: When Success Feels Empty

We’ve seen them – the seemingly flawless individuals who effortlessly climb the corporate ladder, navigate social circles with grace, and curate picture-perfect lives on social media.They’re the high-functioning achievers, the ones we often hold up as paragons of success. But what if, beneath the polished exterior, lies a ...

Mar 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Career Development and ...

Written By:
Corrine Lin, Counsellor

GO

Avoiding Therapy Won’t Help You Avoid Pain

Most of us seek comfort and reward over pain and punishment. When our mood has been anxious or depressed for too long, our body begins to feel ...

Jan 2

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

VAGINISMUS HELP

Are you a woman who finds sex very painful? Have you been diagnosed with vaginismus? Do you have fear about having penetrative sex? Have you been unable to consummate your marriage and now want to have children? Is your vaginismus and your inability to have sex causing big conflict and disconnect ...

Nov 15

Categories: Anxiety, Emptiness, Marital Counseling, Men's Issues, Relationships ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Depression Is Not A Medical Illness

Depression is not a medical illness. Yet the belief that it is, remains being promoted by conventional medicine.The use of chemicals, such as brain drugs like “anti-depressants,” contributes to the idea that depression is an illness.“Chemical imbalance” is another label ...

Oct 17

Categories: Depression, Emptiness, Happiness

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Dealing With Isolation

I’ve been thinking today of coping with isolation. It appears uniform of the day given the current pandemic. With the worsening Covid crisis, there has been renewed  quarantines and lockdowns. How do we face this? Understanding how isolation affects our health can be a relevant first ...

Sep 5

Categories: Aging & Geriatric Issues, Coping with Medical Problems, Emptiness

Written By:

GO

Psychological Problems Involving Time

Susan is habitually unemployed because of frequent tardiness and absences. What do you do with an employee who’s always late or absent? For many years, Susan would be fired by bosses after only a short period of probation.Our sense of values is related to time. When we misuse ...

Aug 6

Categories: Anxiety, Emptiness, Mindfulness

Written By:

GO

3 Ways to Manage Your (Expat) Expectations

Often frustrated, disappointed, or angry? Learn how shifting your expectations can create more peace and well-being.Let's talk about expectations. You've recently moved to a new country, or perhaps you're an expat already well adjusted to living abroad. Do your expectations influence ...

Jun 5

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Emotional ...

Written By:
Robert Oleskevich @ Hero's Journey Therapy

GO

When A Loved One Dies

I once heard the reminiscences of a 70+ year old man who lost his wife to cancer.

Aug 8

Categories: Depression, Emptiness, Happiness

Written By:

GO

Does Short-Term Relief Work?

Short term relief does not last. It can in fact become a separate psychological issue unto itself.When John saw me for help, he has been under psychiatric treatment for over 10 years. Despite the length of his treatment, he remained "stuck" within himself - psychologically, emotionally, ...

Apr 1

Categories: Addictions, Emptiness, Grief, Loss, Bereavement

Written By:

GO

Why Therapy Turns Empty

On various occasions, I've been excited when men who know they're addicted, dysfunctional, or immoral agreed to talk to me about inner healing. Yet each time I get disappointed by the outcome of our therapy and counseling sessions.One man who came to see me was an active religionist in the ...

Dec 2

Categories: Addictions, Adult psychological development, Emptiness

Written By:

GO

Infidelity, Cheating, Betrayal...now What?

No one gets a user manual on what to once an infidelity, as defined by one or both parties is discovered. Here are some things people need to consider before making any decision. What is infidelity? This may reveal value differences in a couple and highlight how little time a couple spent ...

Oct 13

Categories: Couple Counseling, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Emptiness, Ending a ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Eleanor Rigby and all the lonely people

In 1966, the Beatles wrote about Eleanor Rigby and the lonliness and depression she experienced: All the lonely people Where do they all come from? All the lonely people Where do they all belong? Loneliness is something that ...

May 10

Categories: Attachment Issues, Bullying, Codependency / Dependency, Depression, ...

Written By:
Joanna Fishman

GO

Australian women talk about their experience with depression

Depression is a common illness, affecting people with very different lifestyles and backgrounds. Yet there are varying degrees of depression. Some kinds are much more incapacitating than others. Some people experience mild depression, ...

Mar 8

Categories: Depression, Emptiness, Women's Issues

Written By:
Joanna Fishman

GO

Am I Doing what I Really, Really, Want to Do?

With clients who are dissatisfied with their lives and feel it is “all meaningless”, I have found it useful to ask “Are you doing what you really, really, want to do?” Initially many clients are a bit stunned by this question but then after a moment of reflection many reply ...

Feb 25

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Career Development and ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO
Page(s)1