P(r)epping!

Facing important examinations? Does it seem complicated? Is the milieu of the exam overwhelming or confusing? Do you have it all sorted out, but find the unwanted advice doled out by “well-wishers” pushing you to the edge? Do you find it hard to sift through sensible helpful suggestions and meaningless preaching from the pulpit?

Apr 25

Categories: Academic Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Executive ...

Written By:
Mini Nair

GO

How Not To Go Crazy While in Quarantine

How do you mentally prepare for the pandemic? How do you survive home quarantine or self isolation?Isolation and home quarantine can have real emotional and psychological “side effects.”We can lose our mind getting stuck at home!Let me share here with you my list: HOW NOT TO GO CRAZY ...

Apr 17

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Coping with Medical Problems, ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

The simple way to lead a meaningful life

Humanistic psychology is based on the belief that humans are unique beings and should be recognised and treated as such by psychologists and psychiatrists.According to humanistic psychologists, behaviourists are too concerned with the scientific study and analysis of actions (to the point that they ...

Mar 2

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Depression, Positive ...

Written By:
Ahmer Zuberi

GO

The Opportunity in Struggle

Life is unpredictable, which can be both scary and exciting. Due to this unpredictability, we might find ourselves in situations we don’t want to be in, and we might struggle to find the way out.Take, for example, the case of Mary. Mary left the United States to move to Hong Kong because her ...

Jan 30

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Life Purpose / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

On Soul Retrieval as a Healing Modality

Many years ago in my pursuit to heal and learn more about myself, I went to a shamanic soul retrieval session.

Jan 27

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Self-Love

Written By:
Dr. Martha Tara Lee

GO

On Death and Dying

From the time I could speak, I remember asking my mom why I was born; where I was before I was born; and what I was born to do. I remember trying to ask her many times the meaning and purpose of life – without ever getting any answers that satisfied me. I didn’t know I was asking ...

Dec 28

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Pain management

Written By:
Dr. Martha Tara Lee

GO

Your Presence is a Present

I used to hate (and probably still do to some extent) social gatherings because there was little else to do other than look pretty, sit quietly, and just smile and/ or eat/ drink. My mom would drag me to visit grandparents every weekend till they passed on. It would be loud, noisy, and relentless. ...

Nov 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions

Written By:
Dr. Martha Tara Lee

GO

The art of psychological flexibility

Max has a constant desire to be in control.  When he is not in control, he does not feel safe.  Because of this need to be in control, Max can be quite rigid.  This rigidity has taken a toll on his relationships, both personally and professionally. Others have become angry ...

Nov 13

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Life Purpose / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Do You Know That You’re An Artist?

Do you know that you’re an artist? Let me explain a bit.

Oct 27

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:

GO

Switch Off the Autopilot and Fly Free!

Humans are creatures of habit. Habits are either good or bad. They can be constructive or destructive, nurturing or not, of your personal growth.Once your habits have been developed, they naturally turn autopilot. You just think, feel, or do them even without noticing or being aware of them.

Oct 18

Categories: Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Emotional Abuse

Written By:

GO

Being a travelling Spouse and dealing with Emotional changes

Changes are a main part of our life but if we have to deal with too many changes at a time, it can get quickly out of hand. We may face different physical and/or emotional symptoms such as: feeling tired and moody, anxious or being less motivated than usual. Those feelings can have a direct ...

Oct 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Family Problems, Midlife ...

Written By:
Irena Constantin

GO

A Secret to Personal Power and Peace

When I was a teenager, I learned the game of chess. An uncle who used to stay in a place near us taught me the fundamentals.

Sep 29

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Attachment Issues, Depression

Written By:

GO

What resilience is and isn’t

People often confuse resilience with “being tough” or “toughing it out.” A misconception is that you either have resilience, or you don’t. ...

Aug 5

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Post Traumatic ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Beating the Summertime Blues

By Andrew Adler, Ph.D.Director and Clinical Psychologist, Adler Family Centreadlerfamilycentre.com.hk Remember when you were a child. You couldn’t wait for summer; the end of school, the start of days spent outdoors with family and friends enjoying life. For many adults, however, summer is far less enjoyable. Summer depression is a very ...

Aug 1

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Depression

Written By:
Andrew Adler, Ph.D.

GO
Page(s)123456