My Child is Resisting Me As A Parent. What Can I Do?

Children resist their parents for many reasons. Sometimes they might feel like they need to protect the other parent; they are overly stressed, rebellious, feel abandoned, or ashamed. Sometimes one parent will actively work to turn the child against the other parent.When a child’s separation ...

Jul 26

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Blended Family Issues, Child and/or ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Is Low Sexual Desire Real?

Do you and your spouse have difficulties having sex? Are you guys having fights or conflicts because you keep saying that you don't have the same libido? Are you the self-described low desire person in your relationship? Have you been doing research on low desiring and wondering how to fix it? ...

Jul 7

Categories: Couple Counseling, Ending a relationship issues, Family Problems, ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

How to start getting comfortable with saying no

Saying no and setting boundaries can be uncomfortable. You might have had experiences where saying no leads to revenge, punishment, or rejection. Having had too many of these experiences might make you anxious when having difficult conversations. In addition, you might be afraid of conflict because ...

May 9

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Attachment Issues, Blended ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Here’s How to Hold Space for Others’ Emotions

Have you ever felt drained after a conversation with someone feeling emotional? Perhaps this person was grieving, ...

Mar 28

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Bereavement, Complex PTSD, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Counselling Children of Divorced Parents: Expressing Feelings

Although each child is unique, it should be noted that children tend to show several predictable responses upon learning that their parents are divorcing. Children in this situation most often experience varying degrees of sadness, despondency and anxiety among other related emotions. However, young children usually express feelings through though ...

Nov 3

Categories: Anxiety, Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Divorce / Divorce ...

Written By:
Andrew Adler, Ph.D.

GO

Till “death” do us part!

Really…now, this might just be one bubble that needs to be popped already.Marriage is a very personal affair. What works in one marriage may or may not work in another. The limits, the overstepping, the rights, the love are all personal and individual choices. There are laws that stipulate what may constitute legal and illegal behaviour/ ...

May 29

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Mini Nair

GO

A Positive Outlook during this difficult period of time

The outbreak of COVID-19 is causing a lot of mental distress to people over the world. We are flooded by more news each day (including fake ones) and it can be overwhelming, leading to feelings of exhaustion on multiple levels. They can include constant stress and anxiety brought about by feelings ...

Apr 7

Categories: Family Problems, Happiness, Workplace Issues

Written By:
Irena Constantin

GO

Do You Know That You’re An Artist?

Do you know that you’re an artist? Let me explain a bit.

Oct 27

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Being a travelling Spouse and dealing with Emotional changes

Changes are a main part of our life but if we have to deal with too many changes at a time, it can get quickly out of hand. We may face different physical and/or emotional symptoms such as: feeling tired and moody, anxious or being less motivated than usual. Those feelings can have a direct ...

Oct 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Family Problems, Midlife ...

Written By:
Irena Constantin

GO

How can I set boundaries with my teenager?

Setting boundaries ...

Sep 18

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Family Problems, Oppositional & Defiant ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

How can I stay present with my family?

While commuting home, you realise that you still have unread emails and phone calls to make.  At the same time, you are wondering if the kids made it back from school and what you will have for dinner.  Earlier today, your client got upset, which in turn made your manager upset.  ...

Sep 11

Categories: Family Problems, Parenting, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Dealing with Self-Centeredness

I met Donna, a woman in her 70s. She was Mom to one of my clients, Tess, who suffered from severe depression and alcoholism.

Aug 21

Categories: Emotional Abuse, Family Problems, Personality problems

Written By:

GO

Understanding Narcissism

In a certain sense, all of us are born "narcissists." We each carry remnants of our infancy or childhood narcissism. Nothing is as real to us as we feel like the center of the world.

Aug 7

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Emotional Abuse, Family Problems

Written By:

GO

You Can Care But You Can't Carry People

You take care of a loved one. Or, your work involves helping others. The fact that you want to make a difference in other people's lives is noble.But here's plain truth: you won't always be able to help everyone. You can care but you can't carry people. Some resist change. Some are ...

Jun 28

Categories: Caregiver Issues / Stress, Emotional Abuse, Family Problems

Written By:

GO

Love Aginst Hate

Hi, Dr. Park, I have been married for almost five years now and have decided that it's time to get much-needed marriage counseling. My wife has refused for far too long. I have tried to explain to her that it's not a bad thing and that it's not a method to put blame on anyone for anything. Frankly, she's extremely scared to face ...

Mar 18

Categories: Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Family Problems, Happiness, Marital ...

Written By:
Dr.Park, Jinseng

GO
Page(s)1234