Parent-Child Reunification Therapy

How to improve parent child communication and relationship during families transition through Separation or Divorce…Every Friday evening, Matt would go to his ex-wife’s house to pick up his daughter, Wendy, for their weekend access ...

Jul 29

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Healing Through Self-Acceptance

You must accept your self come what may. Healing through self acceptance is to tell yourself to accept yourself. Warts and all. A lot of people are depressed, insecure, or addicted due to a lack of or inadequate self acceptance. 

Mar 30

Categories: Adult psychological development, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Healing from abusive childhood experiences

When Sam was a child, his father would drink and then come home and smash the house.  From his bed, he could hear his mother crying.  His mother would crawl into Sam’s bed at night and cry.  Sam was confused.  He didn’t know how to help his mother, and he felt scared ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

My partner cheated; now what?

Randy had been married for three years to someone that he thought was faithful.  He felt that they had a great relationship, and he didn’t see any problems that were out of the ordinary for couples.  He was shocked when he saw a notification come on his wife’s cell phone ...

Jan 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Complex PTSD, Divorce / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I’m contaminated

Most of us have a certain sense of safety and control over our bodies.  After a sexual assault, ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Your therapist is there to help not to judge

April was struggling with depression ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Mental Health Tune-Up

When stressed, the drive for success or chaos ensues, we might forget about our mental health.  We might be so busy striving or surviving that we aren’t in check with how we are feeling emotionally, physically or psychologically.  So how can you tell if you are out of balance?

Jan 8

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

What can I expect in therapy?

Ryan never believed in therapy.  He felt that it was for people with severe mental illness, and that was not him.  He also did not think that it was masculine ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Why does my divorce make me feel like my life is over?

Sherrie had just settled into her new flat without her husband.  The divorce was a civil one, and the financial settlement left both parties secure.  Despite having what she needed financially, she couldn’t shake the feeling of abandonment ...

Jan 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Benefits of EMDR online

Angela would get anxious hours before she had her EMDR ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Why I Can’t Just Get Over It

Lori grew up with nice clothes, in a beautiful home and had all of her physical needs met.  When Lori was a small child, she was told repeatedly by her parents that she was stupid ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Fear and control

Brianne couldn’t sleep.  Her mind was replaying ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Healing from abusive childhood experiences

When Sam was a child, his father would drink and then come home and smash the house.  From his bed, he could hear his mother crying.  His mother would crawl into Sam’s bed at night and cry.  Sam was confused.  He didn’t know how to help his mother, and he felt scared ...

May 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Exhaustion

Erin was a corporate lawyer who worked ten-hour days, five days a week.  On the weekend she would try to make time for herself but instead found herself worrying about work, answering emails and going over paperwork.  By the time Sunday came, she couldn’t get out of bed; she could ...

May 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Anxiety, Depression, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I feel spaced out

Betty often felt spaced out when she was at home alone.  She was so used to going and working hours on end, that when she had downtime, she felt anxious.  What “should” she be doing?  She was exhausted ...

Apr 24

Categories: Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) / Trauma / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO
Page(s)12345